Technical Pre-Sales Product Specialist (Sales Engineer) – New York
Headquartered in the UK with offices in London, Cambridge, and New York, Imagen is a world leading SaaS video media management platform provider to global sports, media, and enterprise organizations. We are backed by substantial venture capital investment and doubling in size year on year.
About the Role:
We are looking for an ambitious Technical Pre-Sales Product Specialist (Sales Engineer) to join our rapidly expanding US team. This is a customer facing role supporting the sales and business development teams in the delivery of a leading software product and professional services. You should have excellent communication and written skills. The ideal candidate will come from a customer facing background, with experience of demonstrating and presenting software products. You will be a clear, confident communicator with the ability to engage customers and display a real passion for delivering excellent results and customer satisfaction.
* Estimate the effort required to deliver tasks, relating to projects/presales. Take ownership of tasks, which have been assigned.
* Prioritising tasks effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
* Support sales and marketing colleagues at sales meetings. Communicate technical information relating to the product accurately and effectively
* Deliver effective customer training sessions within allocated budget and tailored to meet the customer requirements
* Produce high quality and accurate documentation; including but not limited to: training manuals, customer proposal documents and tender responses.
* Use experience and knowledge of sales to promote product benefits to support the sales process and identify new opportunities.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment, flexible and able to handle unexpected events and shift directions when needed
* Work closely with sales team to deliver clear accurate bid and proposal responses on time
* Working with direct and informal management both locally, and from international locations (Cambridge, UK)
* 5+ years’ experience in a customer facing sales engineer or solution engineer role
* Relevant education university degree in a field such as Computer Science, or Engineering preferred
* You should have experience of demonstrating and presenting SaaS software products to audiences of varying sizes and seniority
* Demonstrable successful experience of putting together RFI/RFP/RFQ bids and customer proposal documents
* You should have experience of working within a team, prioritising tasks and working to tight deadlines
* Strong time management, organization skills, and knowledge of sales cycles
The following list is not exhaustive, but considered indicative of skillset of the Technical Pre-Sales Specialist:
* Familiarity with Video, Image, Audio formats, types, properties and use
* Knowledge of DAM / MAM systems (Bonus)
* Knowledge of web design
* Understanding of cloud services and architecture
* Windows Administration
* Linux Administration
* MySQL and working with databases
* We offer a competitive salary, bonus based on target earnings, and benefits in line with US market standards.
For more information and to apply, please email email@example.com.