Software test engineer
A fantastic opportunity is now available for an experienced Software Engineer to join our product-focused Agile development team and do hands-on development of all our web based user interfaces and software services. You will be responsible for all aspects of software testing within an integrated development team, actively contributing to the development process. Covering both automated and manual testing, you will also assist in review and provide feedback on software usability.
Imagen specialises in Media Asset Management for the world’s leading brands. We produce software systems that automate the processing of large volumes of Digital Video, Television and Still Imagery into a variety of formats and make the resulting archives easy to search, access online and monetise.
Our current growth and rapid expansion makes this a very exciting time to join Imagen. We have the opportunity for the right individual to excel within our company and make a critical and valuable contribution to the development of our products. You will be a strong communicator, working as part of a highly technical and interdisciplinary development team, contributing your knowledge, inspired problem-solving skills and extensive experience.
Software testing within a well organised, focused and active development team.
(Not in order of importance)
- Use applications as part of the development process and provide feedback on its usability and functionally.
- Assess user interfaces to ensure a positive user experience.
- Develop test plans and scripts to automatically test software.
- Conduct peer reviews and edit colleagues’ work, following the house style.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of processes and resources (e.g. style guides).
- Perform such other tasks as are consistent with the general description and in support of the SCRUM team’s goals.
- A keen and focused software tester with a strong technical background.
- A quick learner.
- An aptitude for creating automation.
- Able to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Able to focus with attention to detail.
- Experience with Agile software development processes is advantageous, but not essential.
- A proactive team player.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Flexibility and approachable.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
Full time, 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
Excellent benefits package.
Strictly No Recruitment Agencies