Application Specialist | Apply Now
Salary £32 – £36K plus benefits
Can you combine excellent technical skills with great customer service?
Are you ready to progress your career in a dynamic award winning business?
An ambitious Application Specialist is required to define, plan, implement and manage customer projects in liaison with the Technical Deployment Manager and Project Manager. This is a broad role with scope to take on technical issues and build relationships with key clients.
Imagen specialises in providing businesses with a platform to engage their customers through video more effectively. The company enables clients to effectively archive, manage and search video content. We have a prestigious and diverse client base and are on track for rapid business growth.
The Application Specialist will be expected to work independently and as part of the wider delivery team and will be responsible for deploying customer software systems and working on complex data manipulation tasks.
Key responsibilities include:
* Devising installation plans that identify any risks or dependencies; document roll back procedures
* Installing infrastructure & software for Customers
* Undertaking data manipulation and migration projects
* Developing and contributing to project timescales, risk identification and mitigation strategies
* Communicating with customers in person, via email/telephone, and provide technical assistance in conference
* Occasionally attending customer sites for installation, configuration or to discuss project/deployment status
* Installing, configuring and troubleshooting proprietary Software
* Methodical use of change control procedure for planning and execution
* Experience of SQL query language
* Knowledge of HTML & PHP
* Knowledge and experience of virtualisation processes and cloud technologies
* Understanding of XML and XSL translation
* Advanced data manipulation in Excel and text editors
* Experience of Windows PowerShell scripting to manipulate files and data
* Thorough understanding of networking practices and protocols
* Sound knowledge of Windows Server OS
* Understanding of Apache and PHP installation on Linux and Windows
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey ideas and offer IT solutions to internal and external stakeholders and support non-technical customers, explain complex IT concepts in simple concise manner.
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines
* The drive to complete projects within tight deadlines, delivering to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Confidence in applying analytical skills for troubleshooting and problem solving
* Willingness to undertake a wide range of competing tasks for multiple customers
What we offer
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing, award winning company with an international, high profile client base. Based in our new offices, on the outskirts of Cambridge, we offer a great working environment in addition to a competitive salary a comprehensive benefits package including private healthcare, 25 days’ holiday and flexible working is on offer.
Please use the link below to send us your CV and a covering letter.
Imagen Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. We do however have a responsibility to ensure that each member of our staff is eligible to live and work in the UK. If successful in your application, you will be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
Please Note: Agency submissions will not be accepted.